You can very easily connect your Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablet to your TV (Display Mirroring). Many of the Kindle Fire HD devices (the old kindle) are not compatible with display mirroring. So First Check your Kindle Fire compatibility.
Follow these steps : under “Settings” => “Display“.
- If you do not see “Display Mirroring” option, your device does not compatible with display mirroring.
- If you have the “Display Mirroring” option, you can easily connect your kindle fire to tv using the methods below.
Connect Kindle Fire Tablet to TV through HDMI Adapter
For Fire Models HDX 8.9, HD7, HD10, HD8, HD6 and HD Kids.
- Get an HDMI Adapter for Fire tablet if you don’t have one already.
- Now Connect a standard HDMI cable between the HDMI adapter and the HDMI port on your TV.
- Now you have to Connect the micro USB connector on HDMI adapter to the Kindle Fire.
- Connect the power cable to your kindle to the adapter and ensure energy.
- Easy guide on root kindle fire tablet
Connect Kindle Fire Tablet via Fire TV
This is for Fire tablets running Amazon Fire OS 2.0 or greater.
Note: Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Generation), Fire HD 8 (5th Generation) and Fire HD 10 (5th Generation) are compatible with display mirroring only on Amazon Fire TV.
- For this method you have to buy Amazon Fire TV box or Amazon Fire TV Stick if you don’t have one already.
- Get the Fire TV device and your Fire tablet connected to the same wireless network.
- Do have Internet access on both device.
- Register both device with the same Amazon username.
- Now Connect an standard HDMI cable between Amazon the Fire TV device and the HDMI port on the TV.
- On your Fire TV device, go to “Settings” => “Display & Sounds” (or “Display“) and turn ON “Second Screen Notifications”.
- From the Kindle Fire tablet, select a video you wish to display, then use the Fire Screen icon to display it on the TV.
- Follow this article if you wish to install google play store on kindle fire tablet
Kindle Fire Tablet via Miracast
For HDX Model Only
- Get a device that supports Miracast, like Miracast Video Adapter.
- Now Connect the new “device” you have purchased to HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure the new “device” and your Kindle Fire HDX are on the same wireless network.
- From the Kindle Fire HDX, select “Settings” => “Sounds” => “Display Mirroring“.
- Select “Connect” for the new “device” . Wait for about 15 seconds, Kindle Fire mirrored to your TV.
- Now you can easily loan books on kindle fire to your friends and family.